If you’re lucky enough to be living in the Northern Rivers of NSW and would like to update your home with a fresh coastal approach, here are some tips to create your own beach haven
The look is Surfie Bohemian combined a splash of 60s retro and a dash of Hamptons classic. The look is called Coastal Eclectic and it’s all about YOU and YOUR style, and not about choosing a particular style from an interior design book and copying it page for page.
If you have some favourite pieces your can make them all work together and create a retro California beach vibe in your retreat.
So the message is stay in holiday mode all year long and create a Summer Beachside Retreat in your home.
Tips for creating a Coastal Colour Haven
- Macrame is BIG. Get some twine and start knotting, using sticks from the garden, shells from the beach and use some colour. If you have a white wall then dye the macramé navy – navy against white looks amazing and creates some drama and contrast
- Candles and more candles – group them into threes and use different heights to add some interest, To complete the look light them every night
- Pot plants are so IN, whether they’re real or not. Group in threes, small medium and large, using different colour pots. The look is NOT matchy matchy!
- Art – use what you have and put it all together and one room. The look is all about creating an eclectic mix of 60s, 70s and black and white images
- Surfboards in a free standing rack at the front door is a great way to make a beachy statement
- Furniture can be a mix of Rattan and Vintage items from your collection
- Add games such as backgammon and skittles for a touch of fun
- Furnishings can include Aztec, stripes and macramé cushions
- Colours include whites, greens and blues with a pop of colours such as purple, orange and pinks
- Bean bags, love sacs, thongs, dogs and sandy feet
To complete the look you will need some coastal sheer curtains blowing in the breeze. There are some gorgeous sheer curtains with a definite beachy look
Call us to see our fabulous range.